Today on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I speak with Jeff Fromm, president of FutureCast, partner at the ad agency Barkley, and author of the upcoming book The Purpose Advantage: How to Unlock New Ways of Doing Business.
Through his work at FutureCast, Fromm studies consumer trends and consults with major brands on how to best reach their customers.
On today’s episode, Fromm and I speak about The Purpose Advantage and the major trend amongst companies to embrace a purpose-driven strategy. While it’s paid dividends for some major brands, like Glossier and Bombas socks, it’s been hard for others to make it work. We discuss what any business needs to know about creating an effective business model centered around a meaningful purpose.
Questions I ask Jeff Fromm:
- What’s the best starting point for a brand who wants to define their purpose?
- As brands embrace the purpose-driven movement, do they run the risk of disappointing their customers?
- Is there a process to finding your business’s purpose?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why purpose needs to, metaphorically, be a verb for your business.
- How to connect your purpose to your business model.
- How finding your purpose can create a virtuous cycle.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Jeff Fromm:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Gusto. Everyone loves payday, but loving a payroll provider? That’s a little weird. Still, small businesses across the country love running payroll with Gusto.
Gusto is making payroll, benefits, and HR easy for modern small businesses. You no longer have to be a big company to get great technology, great benefits, and great service to take care of your team.
To help support the show, Gusto is offering our listeners an exclusive, limited-time deal. Sign up today, and you’ll get 3 months free once you run your first payroll. Just go to Gusto.com/TAPE.
Powered by WPeMatico